APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME POSITION WITH THE URBAN DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE, PACIFIC REGION
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Government and Public Affairs
With more than 850 corporate members, the Urban Development Institute, Pacific Region (UDI) represents thousands of individuals involved in all facets of land development and planning, including: developers, planners, architects, financial lenders, lawyers, engineers, property managers, appraisers, real estate professionals, local governments and government agencies.
Since 1972, UDI Pacific has been dedicated to fostering effective communication between the industry, government, and the public; and aims to improve both housing and job opportunities for all British Columbians.
As a “Partner in Community Building,” the Urban Development Institute is committed to working with communities and governments to create and achieve the vision of balanced, well-planned and sustainable communities. The Urban Development Institute promotes wise and efficient urban growth, good planning and good development practices, affordable housing and high- quality commercial and industrial developments.
UDI has an extensive volunteer policy and technical committee structure to ensure best-practice policy and development that is constructive, credible, consultative, and founded on a strict code of ethics. UDI Pacific also serves as the public voice of the development industry, communicating with the media, community groups, and related stakeholders on a number of issues. UDI concentrates its activities in three primary areas: government relations, professional development and education, and research.
UDI seeks a full-time individual to join our public affairs, communications and events team at our downtown Vancouver office, conveniently located near the Waterfront Transit Station. Working closely with UDI staffs, industry leaders, government officials, and relevant stakeholders, you will be responsible for supporting the communications, government relations and events team on its promotion and advocacy efforts for UDI and the real estate industry.
Communications/Public Affairs Support including:
- Digital Marketing and Campaigns
- Assisting with writing and production for all UDI internal and external communications: website and social media channels, newsletters (Constant Contact), annual reports, E-blasts, member surveys, speeches/presentations
- Posting to UDI’s website (using WordPress) and sharing relevant research and articles on its social media channels
- Media relations support, obtaining info from subject matter experts, gathering photos and coordinating media interviews for spokesperson, drafting media materials and organizing media events
- Researching policy position papers, briefing notes, and other reports on UDI priorities
Events Support including:
- Preparing event marketing emails with creative copy and promotional social media videos
- Drafting scripts and questions for moderators
- Printing name tags and accurate registration lists
- Preparing powerpoint presentations (expert level)
- Creating promotional acknowledgement for speakers and sponsors, meeting sponsorship obligations
- Greeting registered guests, AV setup and other event logistics
- Liaising with event venue staff/catering
- Attending industry and government meetings, taking minutes and gathering feedback on key UDI issuesOn occasion, you will be required to work flexible hours such as breakfast seminars or evening networking events.QUALIFICATIONS:
- You should possess a university degree, college diploma or equivalent in business, communications, marketing or related field.EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/TRAINING
Your background could be in the private, public or non-profit sectors-ideally with three to five years' experience and demonstrated marketing, event support and communications skills.
- Understanding of effective communications methods, including the ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfill specific purposes
- Experience with social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Hootsuite
- Experience with digital media and marketing campaigns
- Experience with speech writing, letter writing and preparing presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with a positive attitude
- Experience in supporting successful event management and activation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an integral member of a collaborative team; strong interpersonal
- Solid project management, organizational, planning and logistical skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Photography, graphic design and video editing are assets.
- Experience & or interest in Real Estate Development industry a plus.
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION PROCESS:
This position offers commensurate compensation, an attractive benefits package, participation in an industry that is an economic driver and some very challenging issues.
If this still sounds like you, please submit a cover letter, specifically including your salary expectations, and your resume to Anne McMullin, President & CEO c/o Leslie Whittaker at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is June, 7, 2018