Are you a rising star in the marketing communications field? Do you have a strong interest in tourism and hospitality?
If so, here is an opportunity to put your skills to work in this unique and challenging role!
go2HR is BC’s tourism human resource association. We coordinate the BC Tourism Labour Market Strategy and provide programs and resources in the area of recruitment, retention and training. As the Marketing and Communications Specialist, you will provide marketing, communications support to the Manager, Marketing and Communications for all go2HR’s key mandate areas, including corporate and program promotion, communications, and stakeholder engagement.
Job Duties And Tasks:
- Assist the Manager, Marketing and Communications with the execution of the go2HR marketing and communications strategy that involves corporate as well as individual program areas and product lines
- Co-ordinate the development of content and messaging for the go2HR.ca website, including obtaining permission for reprints, managing writers, and posting content on the website
- Support the execution of eCommunication activities, including coordinating and creating content, ensuring CASL compliance, and deploying eNewsletters and other email communications
- Support the execution of the corporate and program social media strategy and content creation/engagement
- Support program managers with marketing and communications initiatives including key messages, collateral and resource development, and tradeshows and events
- Support the execution of a relationship management strategy, including developing and fostering relationships with employers and industry stakeholders
- Track go2HR attendance at conferences and events; evaluate new and ongoing events for effectiveness; register go2HR staff for the events, and attend as required
- Coordinate go2HR booth presence at trade shows, career fairs, conferences and networking functions, including event debriefs, ordering and managing collateral inventory, and coordinating employer attendance at go2HR’s career booth.
- Assist in coordinating and customizing presentations for go2HR speaking engagements
- Coordinate corporate and program sponsorships, ensuring sponsorship benefits are fulfilled and tracked
- Provide logistical assistance to contests/draws, including sourcing prizes, drawing winners, coordinating release form/prize fulfillment
- Assist the Manager, Marketing and Communications with managing overall brand identity, including management of visual assets and trademarks
- Assist with maintaining the image library and coordinating the photographic rights
- Track effectiveness of and make recommendations for programs, campaigns, promotions and other marketing and communications initiatives
- Maintain contracts with vendors such as graphic designers and creative writers
- Assist with surveys as needed including survey creation and deployment, compiling databases, and data collection
- Represent go2HR at industry events and public speaking engagements; provide assistance to program managers in developing presentations as required
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or communications or public relations or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in event marketing and sponsorship coordination
- Experience drafting key messages, writing for online (website, email, social media), and marketing copywriting
- Knowledge of digital media (e.g. social media, database marketing) and traditional media (e.g. print advertising, sponsorships, trade shows), and an understanding of marketing and communications best practices
- Experience with websites, HTML, content management systems (such as WordPress) and search engine optimization
- Knowledge of branding (e.g. visual assets, trademarks, graphic standards)
- Project management expertise with skills in planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to achieve specific goals
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as knowledge of design programs like Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Exceptional listener and communicator
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills in time management, organization and prioritization
- Ability to contribute as a member of a small, energetic, professional team and as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to create and maintain effective and credible relationships both internally and externally
- Previous tourism and non-profit experience is an asset
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, go2HR offers a competitive compensation package, a dynamic and fun team environment and is committed to professional development and ongoing learning.