Good things are growing at Tree Island Gourmet Yogurt and we are looking for the right person to join our team. We are a thriving and growing health food business setting up a new 28,000sq ft plant in Cumberland, BC. This position plays a key role in implementing marketing communications for our business and development projects. The long-term focus of this position is brand building and community engagement in key markets across Canada, while the short term is focused on launching new products, opening a new facility and celebrating our 10th anniversary. The position reports directly to the Co-Founder and works with the Director of Sales & Distribution as a team member.
- Professional, strategic, creative, friendly and energetic
- Passionate about health, nutrition, environmental stewardship and community building
- Strong writing and in-person presentation skills
- Love to network: Can navigate a variety of settings to develop rapport and connections
- Know how to meaningfully engage with your community and audience
- Move fluidly between live and online interactions, bringing the two worlds together to nurture relationships
- Demonstrated experience working across media from press, print to web, social & video
- Solid understanding of design principals and technical skills for inhouse projects
- Organized and experienced project manager with budgeting skills
- Team player that likes to work hard to deliver on time and on target
- Ability to seek support when something is not in your wheelhouse
- Have a strong professional network of marketing and communications professionals
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Diploma /Degree in Marketing Communications, with proven experience
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role; CPG brand experience an asset
- Champion brand building and outreach activities for the organization
- Update and implement marketing playbook; execute key campaigns to reach targets; measure and report on progress.
- Live the brand through online and offline activities in coordination with the sales team
- Play key role in team to support launch of new products and new retailers
- Coordination of sampling, market outreach and networking activities
- Implement and measure a digital strategy including preparation of digital assets, implement content calendar, update website, e-news etc.
- Uphold brand standards across all media
- Manage social media accounts to build community engagement
- Inhouse photography and coordination with professionals where required
- Inhouse design for digital applications
- Work with external brand agency, managing timelines and projects as required
- Manage community giving including outreach and donations to reach company goals
- Maintain internal communications including staff newsletter and social committee
- Support public relations and communications for our development project, facility opening and company 10th anniversary.
Who we are
Started by microbiologist Scott DiGuistini, PhD and wife Merissa Myles, a whole food enthusiast, Tree Island is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2022. We are known best for our artisan, grass-fed yogurt and are growing to make more nutritious and delicious food in the years to come. Our business was founded with the vision to increase joy and inspiration everyday by producing foods that nourish people and allow communities and ecosystems to flourish. We offer the opportunity to grow and have fun for the right candidate. We nurture a culture of teamwork, collaboration and commitment to continuous learning.
Competitive wage, plus comprehensive health & dental benefits, life insurance and paid vacation.
Application deadline: 2021-06-28
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.