The Real Estate Council of British Columbia protects the public interest by enforcing the licensing and licensee conduct requirements of the Real Estate Services Act. We license individuals and brokerages engaged in real estate sales, rental and strata property management, set entry qualifications, investigate complaints against licensees and impose disciplinary sanctions under the Act.
We are responsible for ensuring that the interests of consumers who use the services of real estate licensees are adequately protected against wrongful actions by real estate professionals. We encourage public confidence by impartially setting and enforcing standards of conduct, education, competency and licensing for real estate professionals.
We are accountable to government, and we advise government on real estate industry issues.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
An opportunity currently exists to join RECBC as a Media Relation and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications & Engagement, the Media Relation and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor is responsible for the development and implementation of proactive media strategies, opportunities, approaches, and initiatives to enhance awareness, understanding and support for RECBC among the media and related audiences. Develops and implements strategies, plans and tactics in relation to communications and stakeholder engagement issues.
The Media Relation and Stakeholder Engagement Advisor works collaboratively within the Communications Team to contribute to RECBC corporate communications planning and delivery, and works cross-functionally with other RECBC departments.
- Contribute to the development and execution of RECBC’s strategic communications plan that supports and integrates with RECBC’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a content calendar that identifies opportunities for engagement and visibility and supports organizational communications objectives.
- Provide strategic communications and stakeholder relations advice for engagement initiatives. Support development and delivery of internal communications.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s procedures manual.
- Work effectively with key external stakeholders including industry members and government as well as with other internal departments.
- Engage with, build and maintain relationships with government officials and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies, plans and tactics in relation to communications and stakeholder engagement issues as required.
- Coordinate the development of consultation materials as required.
- Advise RECBC staff on known or anticipated stakeholder issues to determine whether consultation is required and with whom on initiatives and projects.
- Receive and assess media requests, determine how to respond and coordinate responses with RECBC staff and Council members as appropriate. Primary point of contact for all media inquiries at RECBC.
- Develop and implement proactive media and public relations strategies to enhance awareness of RECBC.
- Develop, write, edit and disseminate media related products including: media advisories and news releases; questions and answers; key messages, speeches and briefing notes; and letters to editor, opinion editorials, trade publication articles or social media content.
- Develop monitoring and tracking systems to support high-level media relations services, to ensure consistency in approach and to track trends to highlight opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Engage with, develop and maintain relationships with local/regional media.
- Adhere to and uphold the RECBC brand to champion corporate reputation.
- Work with appropriate team members in the creation of materials or for planning and executing events as required.
- Create and maintain project timelines and schedules that support the completion of projects.
- Performs other duties and projects of similar scope and complexity as assigned.
- Success in this position requires excellent project management, analytical, organizational, prioritization, and communication skills.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant senior communications experience
- Experience working with public stakeholders, supporting major projects, working with volunteers and committees, and in providing strategic advice to senior leaders and board members.
- Experience working with or in a not-for-profit or regulatory organization
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations or journalism or equivalent work-related experience
- Media relations training and expertise in issues and crisis management
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
At RECBC, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource - our people.
In addition to living out your values by working towards fulfilling the mandates of RECBC, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us;
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Gym membership
- Pension plans
- Health insurance
- Maternity leaves
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
This is an opportunity to participate meaningfully in the protection and advancement of British Columbia’s real estate industry as part of a collaborative and motivated team. If you want a rewarding career in an environment that values innovation, transparency and accountability, consider RECBC.
The team at the Real Estate Council of BC thanks you for your interest! Kindly apply online at https://www.recbc.ca/about/employment-2/current-opportunities.html.