Senior Communications Specialist
Job ID: 2570
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Senior Communications Specialist provides strategic communications planning, media relations, issues management, materials production, and event management services in support of new housing and homeowner protection programs and initiatives. The incumbent produces a variety of written materials for website, social media and traditional communications and is proficient in online and social media technologies.
- Degree or advanced diploma in communications or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experience in corporate communications, including experience in a government setting and/or with non-profit community groups.
- Strong experience in communications planning, issues management, media relations.
Or a suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of communications, specifically in the public sector environment
- Demonstrated ability as a strong writer and editor
- Demonstrated ability to work with social media platforms (twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write, prepare and post content to websites (internal and external)
- Strong event management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement communication strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office tools (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, mediate and mitigate difficult situations
- Ability to work with agencies and contractors
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
Please note: to submit your application please visit www.bchousing.org
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.