Job Id 3756
Regular Full-time, Burnaby BC
The Senior Communications Specialist, Community and Tenant Affairs is responsible for developing and implementing a wide range of communications and community and tenant affairs strategies to support BC Housing’s corporate priorities. He/she/they develop and implement communications and engagement strategies for major new construction, redevelopment and renovation initiatives; create and implement tenant communications strategies to support change management initiatives; and implement outreach initiatives to support BC Housing’s role in developing, protecting and maintaining affordable housing in British Columbia. The incumbent also provides task direction, oversight and mentorship to Community and Tenant Affairs team members responsible for event logistics and material creation for community engagement initiatives, as required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in communications, public engagement or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four years progressively related experience in communications in the field of community relations, public engagement, strategic communications planning, issues management, and event planning and execution, in a public sector environment.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, theories and principles of communications, specifically in the public sector environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of public engagement best practices
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong verbal, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders in planning and implementing community engagement strategies, provide strategic communications advice, and facilitate problem solving in achieving results
- Ability to plan, coordinate and oversee the execution of a variety of events and announcements
- Ability to write, prepare and post content to websites for both internal and external audiences
- Ability to develop compelling collateral materials using a combination of visuals and strong writing
- Ability to work effectively with social media platforms
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, mediate and mitigate difficult situations
- Ability to work with a variety of partners and stakeholders, agencies and contractors
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and provide team leadership on various projects
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner while displaying a high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to travel on Commission business and work evenings and weekends as required
How to Apply:
for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted