Bring your love of communicating in complex, changing environments; excellent writing skills; inspired strategy development; and creativity to our corporate communications team. Work with a team of award-winning communicators in an environment that encourages you to do great work and provides you with fresh challenges every single day.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and executing communication strategies and tactics supporting Fraser Health’s efforts to design an integrated system of primary and community health care in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders such medical staff and health care administrators. You will build communications strategies to achieve several goals, including helping our teams and partners understand how the work they are doing connects to the big picture of changing health care and also helping the public navigate the health care system as it changes to better meet their needs.
Who you are:
You’re an established professional communicator, an excellent listener, a thoughtful strategist and crackerjack writer with demonstrated experience distilling complex information to a wide-range of people and groups on variety of topics.
You have expert communications planning skills and experience. You know how to research, write, implement and evaluate a communications plan. You have experience testing ideas with key audiences. You understand the value of customer service in your work and you bring that to all your professional relationships.
If you are a thinker and a doer and want to work with a like-minded communicators then take the next step in your career. Apply today!
You have the following:
- Degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent, related experience in a communications role in a large public sector, health care or other large, complex organization.
Motivated to join us?
Your work will focus on support for developments across Fraser Health and will vary based on emerging priorities. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you will:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate strategic communications plans for primary and community health care projects, specifically work related to specialized community services programs.
- Connect our health care priorities and projects to a wide spectrum of partners provincially, regionally and locally.
- Write and edit exceptional copy material for various media and channels.
- Act as a highly-skilled generalist, consultant, coach and tactician.
- Manage multiple projects, tight deadlines and multiple partners, while maintaining your poise.
This is a temporary full time position with an approximately end date of June 24, 2021 based at Central City Tower, Surrey BC.
Fraser Health operates 12 acute care hospitals; B.C.’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre; and a wide variety of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.