Bring your expert skills, experience and real passion for making a difference to an organization where you will take on a key role in supporting public, government and community relations as part of an award-winning communications and public affairs team.
Your understanding of effective stakeholder engagement will contribute to an enhanced awareness and understanding of Fraser Health’s programs, services and initiatives, promoting a positive corporate image.
Your strong writing and communications skills, your attention to detail and your focus on client satisfaction is essential. Compassion, poise under pressure and a dedication to teamwork will factor in your success.
Build on your career experience as you:
- Plan and deliver strategic and tactical public, community and government relations and communication activities to build, maintain and enhance public awareness and understanding of Fraser Health programs, services and initiatives; facilitate understanding of important issues, challenges, opportunities and strategic direction; help promote a positive corporate image.
- Plan and support appropriate government relations planning and management; complete assignments through review and use of confidential materials; demonstrate a high level of judgement, independent thinking and initiative when contacting/communicating with elected officials.
- Provides community and government relations consultation to Fraser Health executives, directors and managers, and conduct appropriate supporting research and analysis; assesses and evaluates reports; develop, implement and evaluate community and government relations communication strategies.
- Plan and support events, announcements and activities that involve, or may impact, elected government representatives or other community stakeholders.
Some of your skills include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in event management and support.
- Manage projects on budget and on a deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and write for a broad range of materials, documents, and publications.
- Build strategic alliances with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated adherence to ethical, professional and respectful behaviour.
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of communication concepts, best practices and technical skills required for effective communication with government, media, patients and others in the health care sector.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- Degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Political Science or a related discipline
- Five (5) to seven (7) years recent, related experience, preferably within a large healthcare organization.
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is acceptable.
If this sounds like the excellent role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 29,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and nearly 6,000 volunteers, we serve more than 1.8 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of respect, caring and trust.