HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada, with assets of US$2,522bn as at 31 December, 2017. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Key Objectives for Senior Media Relations Manager:
Reporting to the Head of Media Relations for Canada and the Head of Communications for Canada the role holder will be responsible for the development and execution of effective proactive and reactive media relations in the country for RBWM, and on diversity and inclusion and community investment.
The focus of the role will be to drive the reputation and positioning on media issues in country. This includes managing external communications and leading on and handling reputational media issues for the country.
The role holder will also work with wider Communications colleagues to deliver a proactive media relations strategy that is aligned to the global business. This role holder will work collaboratively with the wider regional Communications hub and
- Maintain a strong external network across key media stakeholders and industry peers in the country to drive understanding of HSBC’s purpose and strategy.
- Provide communications advice and counsel to country stakeholders, including representing Communications at the RBWM ManCo.
- Maintain knowledge of stakeholder requirements, competitor activities and market trends to influence the future communications direction of the country.
- Work with Country Heads of Global Businesses to co-ordinate executive engagement with key media and other external stakeholders, providing advice and guidance as required.
- Collaboration with other functions within the country, such as Marketing and Corporate Sustainability
- Work collaboratively with the country Communicationsteam
- Work collaboratively with global Communications colleagues.
- Work closely with Employee Communications and News in the country to ensure consistency between stories told internally and externally.
- Actively support, coach and develop media relations talent in country.
- Adhere to all Global Communications policies and standards.
- Comply with all controls related to the handling of price sensitive information.
- Comply with Group policies and procedures, ensuring all required records are retained as appropriate.
- Observe the requirements of the Media Relations governance framework.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to represent HSBC with key media at senior levels.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of communication trends and best practice.
- Broad knowledge of the financial service industry and global markeplace.
- Role model management skills and behaviours.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
- Proven crisis management skills.
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World’s Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Job Field: Communications and Public Relations
Primary Location: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Shift: Day Job
Type of Vacancy: Country vacancy
Job Posting: 05-Jul-2018, 09:37:28
Unposting Date: 31-Aug-2018, 20:59:00