The City of Surrey is looking for a creative, team player to lead the charge in building and maintaining the City’s social media community. As part of the Web & New Media Team, the Social Media Coordinator (Media Designer) will oversee the City of Surrey’s social media channels to increase public awareness and participation in City initiatives.
- Supporting the development and implementation of the City’s social media and digital advertising strategies, guidelines, and procedures
- Providing consultation, guidance and training to support social media marketing efforts across the City
- Overseeing all content on the City’s main social media channels to ensure consistency in the City’s brand presence.
- Planning, curating and executing social media campaigns for a wide range of program and initiatives
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of social media campaigns and making adjustments as needed
- Maintaining vendor relationships and assisting with vendor and tool selection, as needed
- A Diploma in a related field, including or supplemented by courses related to communications
- 5 years’ in directly related work experience, preferably in the public sector
- Considerable knowledge of social media channels and a familiarity with communication principles specific to each medium
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) and the management of publication of web content to websites and mobile devices is a plus
- You’ll also need to successfully complete a Police Information Check
- Knowledge of traditional marketing tools is a plus, as is experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
To learn more, visit our website.