Temporary, Full Time
Dates: October 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, this position supervises the day-to-day operations of the publications, communications, and events staff in Registrar and Enrolment Services (RES) and provides training as needed. The position develops, produces, edits and maintains registrarial web page content, print and electronic publications, and forms for RES. The incumbent is responsible for organizing all mass registrarial communications to prospective and current students, scheduling the communications effectively, and ensuring the communications adhere to College and Government regulations. The position also coordinates and prepares various events organized by Registrar and Enrolment Services.
Education & Experience
- Two (2) year diploma or Associate degree in communications, journalism, or equivalent. Additional specialized education in one or more areas: web technologies, project management, copywriting/editing. Bachelors preferred.
- Six years of recent related experience, preferably in a registrar’s office, in the following:
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the B.C. Post-Secondary System and registrarial services, including admissions, registration, and graduation.
- Demonstrated experience working with a large integrated information system (e.g., Banner).
- Experience in supervising staff in a unionized environment.
- Experience in proofing and editing web and print-based publications.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Four years of intermediate practical experience in web page maintenance, database content administration, editing large complex print or web documents, and;
- Two years’ experience working in an administrative role which involves using a content management system, coordinating large events, making contributions to analysis and design of processes, and project execution.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others
- Demonstrated ability to manage events
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in Dreamweaver and Acrobat Pro
- Proficient in web content management systems
Salary Range: $1,950.86 - $2,235.39 Bi-Weekly (Pay Grade 25)
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am - 4:45pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: Please apply directly through our website: www.langara.ca/employment and follow the instructions within the posting.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: October 31, 2017
Competition No.: C169-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.