We are looking for a new Vice President, Communications & Strategic Partnerships, reporting to the CEO, and member of the Senior Executive Team.
Your job is to communicate the VCH story – the good, the bad and the sad, in a sincere and meaningful way. We have AMAZING staff that do incredible work. Beyond typical healthcare issues management, you will also raise the VCH brand through innovation, community engagement, and partnerships to showcase our work on a broader level. This is truly an opportunity to shake things up, challenge the status quo, and find a new way of sharing the important and impactful work done in one of Canada’s largest health authorities.
Who we are:
As one of British Columbia's six regional health authorities, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. Dedicated to delivering the highest quality services, we are fully committed to supporting healthy lives with the robust resources of 13 hospitals, a number of community health centres, 2,500 physicians, more than 13,500 full time staff, and over $3 billion in funding.
But that's only part our story. VCH is about something bigger; we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" – on everything from new surgical techniques to funding models – when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We are proud to hold best-in-class awards in everything from research, surgical care and infection control, to harm reduction, community care, communications and community engagement. At our core, we are people-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit that runs deep, where opportunity exists for those with a passion to transform health.
- The chance to work with our inspiring and skilled health care teams
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Vancouver consistantly ranks high as one of the most "liveable" cities
- Supportive leadership & organizational integrity
- A positive, productive, & reputable organizational culture
- Work-life balance
- Professional development
- An organization with advanced clinical technology & state-of-the-art facilities
- One of Canada’s top funded & innovative research institutes
- A “People First” commitment to both staff & clients
Who you are:
- A cultural change agent; leading change with energy and inspiration.
- A trusted advisor; you build trust and confidence to create opportunities and develop new ways to engage your target community.
- A disruptor; strategic and innovative, you bring new ideas and a fresh perspective.
- An experienced communication leader; you bring knowledge and depth of experience working in a large complex organization and the proven ability to develop and deliver integrated communications strategies.
- A government relations expert; have a proven ability to work various levels of government, agencies and First Nations’ communities.
- A relationship builder; you drive strategic partnerships and ensure productive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Policy or another relevant discipline
- Ten (10) years of recent related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years in a senior leadership capacity in a complex communications and branding environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to see your resume. Apply now!