Web Services and Graphics Coordinator
Communications and Education
Temporary Appointment – One-Year Term
British Columbia Securities Commission
Located centrally in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
The Web Services & Graphics Coordinator is responsible for publishing content to the BCSC websites and supporting internal graphics and design requests. This position works with the Digital Communications Manager and the Digital Communications Coordinator to publish online content, develop design solutions and graphics, and monitor website and intranet issues. You may also be assigned additional responsibilities, including occasional back-up reception support.
The successful candidate has:
- Post-secondary education in web design, web publishing or development
- One to three years of relevant work experience
- Experience in publishing various content to websites through CMS systems
- The ability to trouble shoot CMS issues and work with technical staff to resolve them
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, WordPress and/or other CMS products
- Demonstrated photographic, graphic and multimedia design experience
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital video production (shooting & editing) experience an asset.
- In addition, the following personal attributes are required:
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently to problem-solve and resolve conflicts.
- We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes four weeks of annual vacation. Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by January 15, 2018. Competition 18:101.Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.