Company: The Salvation Army B.C. Divisional Headquarters, Burnaby, B.C.
Contact: Employee Relations (BCHR@can.salvationarmy.org)
Interested applicants must respond in writing and quote “COMMUNICATION & MARKETING SPECIALIST” by April 11, 2017.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy and accompanying materials
- Develops, prepares, edits and distributes brochures, newsletters, annual reviews, fact sheets, media releases, business letters, photographs, video, etc.,
- Oversees the development and execution of our social media platforms
- Gives direct oversight to the design and maintenance of the divisional website
- Works closely with the fundraising team/s, senior management and other stakeholders to assist with the development of brand imaging for the division
- Serves as a consultant/advisor on communications and marketing throughout the division to ensure consistent branding; may including provision of formalized training to managers
- Monitors expenditures to ensure conformity to budget provisions
- Provides support to development, stewardship and special event programs; may include technical and tactical support where required
- Organizes and maintains media library of relevant pictures, newspaper clippings, video, audio, internet links, etc.; maintains up-to-date listing of all divisional media contacts
- Assists in preparation of displays, exhibits, PowerPoint presentations, etc. providing materials as required; may manage exhibit booths
- Negotiates media/advertising contracts, in concert with established policies
- May work with production and support personnel to coordinate production of ads and promotions
- Keeps up-to-date on current practices, trends and theories in marketing and communication to keep The Salvation Army relevant, innovative and ahead of the game.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
- You have a degree in marketing or communications with 3 or more years of experiences
- Completion of an Undergraduate University degree
- You’re a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and volunteers.
- You deal effectively with rapid change; possess a proactive, positive attitude and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong understanding of how the media works, both traditional and social.
- You are familiar with design concepts and the print process.
- You possess strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re proficient in a variety of digital tools e.g., Hootsuite, online advertising platforms, Google Analytics, email marketing platforms and WordPress.
- Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.