|Type of Position||Full Time|
|Duration||Up to 18 months|
Coastal Community Credit Union is the largest financial services organization based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands and serves over 110,000 members and clients through its 23 branches, 16 insurances offices and 4 business centers. Coastal Community is committed to improving financial health, enriching lives and building healthier communities. We are seeking to fill the position of Communications Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Experience and Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for implementing internal and external communications programs, plans and special projects, including writing, editing and delivery of communications. This position is also responsible for developing communications plans, implementing social media strategies, standards, processes, templates and tools. Primary responsibilities are in the areas of internal communications, member and client communications, and public relations. The Communications Specialist acts as an internal resource to key internal clients for facilitating and producing communications that will support organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma requiring 3-4 years of full-time study, in the communications field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) accreditation is an asset.
Our successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years related experience with demonstrated success in successfully developing and implementing internal and external communications plans.
- Experience with social media management would be an asset.
- Knowledge of communication, media production, and dissemination strategies, techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales principles and techniques, and the relationship between marketing and sales.
In addition, our preferred candidate will also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong time management and decision making skills;
- Demonstrated communication and creative thinking skills;
- Previous experience with a financial institution is an asset.
The Communications Specialist will develop collaborative, positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and will be a team player. This individual will also be a self-learner with high motivation to engage in continuous learning and self-development opportunities.