Regular Full Time
The City of Coquitlam is the fifth largest city in B.C. with home to more than 145,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through development of our green spaces, arts & culture, urban design and state-of-the art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Bring your passion, training and experience to this exciting full-time opportunity within our Corporate Communications Division. We are looking for a Communications Coordinator to:
- provide strategic and technical communications advice to other City staff in the delivery of public education and marketing campaigns;
- develop and implement communications plans in support of a variety of City programs and initiatives;
- research, write and edit a variety of media, marketing and public education materials;
- coordinate the design, production and dissemination of promotional and public education materials;
- contribute to the City’s digital communications, including website and social media content;
- collaborate with other staff engaged in communication activities; and
- act as an alternate Information Officer in emergency and crisis situations.
Equipped with a relevant post-secondary education in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations or other related discipline, you also have a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Our ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of the principles, objectives, methods and techniques of communications work relevant to municipal operations.
Applicants should also have recent experience and proven results in issues management, media relations, and social media engagement as well as strong writing skills. Successful candidates will require the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Anticipate a lively and supportive work environment, opportunities for professional growth, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/jobs by 5:00 p.m. January 30, 2017.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.