Full-time continuing position
Posting Date: April 21, 2017
Closing Date: May 5, 2017
- A great and influential communicator?
- Passionate about helping others and seeking to make a difference in the not for profit fundraising world and work for an amazing cause?
- Seeking a role that encourages you to make unique and inventive contributions?
If so, we would love to hear from you. The Cystic Fibrosis Canada British Columbia/Yukon team is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated Fund Development and Communications Coordinator to help us bring our stewardship and communication initiatives to the next level!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada offers a caring and collegial work environment, comprehensive benefits, an employee discount program, as well as flexible work hours.
The Communications and Fund Development Coordinator, BC/Yukon is responsible for the stewardship and communication activities for the Region. This position reports to the Regional Executive Director, BC/Yukon
- Liaise with other BC/Yukon and national staff, leadership, event committees and volunteers on the development of media, marketing and sponsorship materials, announcements, photo opportunities and speech writing;
- Research and develop grant and proposal documents;
- Develop local communications and marketing materials in support of events;
- Develop content submissions for the Cystic Fibrosis Canada website and Regional social media channels;
- Develop media relations and promotional strategies for the Region;
- Work with the Regional Executive Director on stewardship and cultivation events to ensure seamless transition between fundraising events and stewardship activities;
- Produce event communications, media and networking activities, and the development of new opportunities to build community awareness;
- Develop sponsorship materials, identify prospective sponsor.
- Recognize volunteers by coordinating the Region’s internal and external award applications and recognition programs (ie Regional awards, certificates and Cheers to You program);
- Create profiles of outstanding volunteers.
- Create, prepare, and distribute meeting minutes and supporting documents as required;
- Ensure donor information, event invitation and participant lists are entered and maintained in record-keeping systems and databases.
- Develop and build relationships with National Partners (e.g. Kin Canada, Health Partners, Shinerama);
- Solicit and secure local sponsors for Regional events;
- Maintain a portfolio of donors;
- Solicit and cultivate relationships with new partners and sponsors locally;
- Develop a recognition program for donors and sponsors in the Region;
- Secure annual raffle sponsor and prizing;
- Record relevant activities with donors, volunteers and sponsors on Raiser’s Edge.
- As assigned by Regional Executive Director, BC/Yukon
- Diploma in Communications, Marketing or other related field
- Minimum two years of relevant experience with developing and monitoring communications and supporting volunteers in a non-profit environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational and creative thinking skills; media relations experience is an asset
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and social media experience is required; knowledge and experience in, Raiser’s Edge and website content management is preferred
- Proven track record in developing and building relationships with external stakeholders
- The ability to work independently on several projects concurrently
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, coupled with sound judgment; flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information
- Must possess a valid driving license and a vehicle in good condition
- Must be able and willing to work overtime/weekend when required, and to travel as necessary to attend events
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Associate, Communications and Fund Development” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations. *No phone calls please.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.