The British Columbia Dental Association is the recognized voice of dentistry in BC, dedicated to serving the interests of its members and promoting oral health.
Are you a local communications professional looking for a medium-sized Vancouver-based organization that is innovative, fast-paced and collaborative! Our Communications team needs an experienced, strategic, multi-tasking Manager who can lead from the front, beside and behind.
This is a full-time position working onsite from 8am–4pm Monday to Friday, that also requires a flexible schedule to attend meetings or meet emerging deadlines. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, Communications & Member Education, the Communications Manager will join a six-person team with responsibilities to:
- Oversee the development and management of the YourDentalHealth Public Education Program and biannual advertising campaign.
- Develop and implement an external communications strategy.
- Develop and manage the member communications plan, with oversight and functional direction for content, production and distribution of print and digital member publications; web and multimedia content in collaboration with various departments.
- Provide strategic insight, innovative solutions and support for senior staff, committees and Board Executive as assigned; and, attends Board meetings as assigned.
- Provide strategic issues management and media relations counsel to develop and execute communications plans to support senior management and Board executive; and, ensure position statements, and key messages are updated as required.
- Education requirement: BA Communications or higher (APR or ABC designation is a definite asset).
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in a fast-paced, multi-deadline corporate communications department within an established organization (client-side experience is a must).
- Related experience in extended health care is a definite asset.
- Exceptional English writing, editing and verbal skills in a senior role is required.
- Experience in issues management and media relations with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven PC skills with Microsoft 2010 Suite and PowerPoint presentations
- Proven ability to independently manage, plan, coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in both print and digital collateral production.
- Ability to provide leadership and functional direction to staff at various levels.
- Experience in budget planning and management.
- Proven organizational and time management skills; highly detail oriented; and, a savvy multi-tasker
- Proven ability to remain professional and poised in stressful situations.
Salary & Benefits
The BCDA offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package; and, a commitment to employee development.
Email resume and covering letter with salary expectations, addressing how your qualifications meet our needs no later than noon Monday, November 14th to: Director, Operations: email@example.com.