**Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Information Request (SIR) will not be reviewed. Please review the Application Instructions carefully.**
Start Date: April 3, 2017 – April 3, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, this position provides communications and marketing support to Langara College Continuing Studies (CS). This includes student recruitment and image building activities as well as the marketing of CS programs and courses. The incumbent works with CS administration and program coordinators to develop and implement marketing plans and provides media relations and advertising coordination; coordinates a variety of projects (including the CS catalogue) and special events; and works with both internal and external audiences to achieve communications goals according to work performance standards set by CS and the College
Education & Experience
- Completion of a 2-year post-secondary diploma in communications or marketing, publishing, public relations, or journalism.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the following areas: writing/editing content, media relations, special events coordination, and coordination of advertising and publications within a Mac environment. Or an equivalent combination of education may be accepted.
- Advanced writing and editing skills applied to communication vehicles that deliver key messages to general and also highly targeted audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of current public relations, communications, and marketing principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of publishing, desktop publishing, graphic design, screen design, web graphics, drawing, and multimedia design.
- Knowledge of local media (i.e. commercial newspapers and radio stations).
- Experience using office productivity software applications including word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (Excel), and presentation software (PowerPoint/Keynote).
- Knowledge of a wide range of desktop publishing, illustrating, and paint-draw programs (i.e. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Knowledge of HTML and web-related software.
- Experience working with content management software.
- Experience working in a post-secondary education environment an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, maintain effective relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills, organize and prioritize workload, operate related equipment, work in complex and/or sensitive situations, initiate and control assigned projects, work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision, work as a team member, use tact/diplomacy, and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Knowledge of market research, speakers bureaus, government and community relations, desktop publishing, graphic design, web site design and publication production/printing, and photography.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
Salary Range: $50,896 – $58,320 Annualized (Pay Grade 25) paid bi-weekly
Employee Group: CUPE
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and SIR (Supplemental Information Request) no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Please note that internal applicants are given first consideration.
Closing Date: March 27, 2017
Competition No.: C041-17
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.