bcIMC offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at bcIMC are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share bcIMC’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip bcIMC for the future.
Reporting to the Director, Communication & Government Affairs, the Communication Specialist assists with and supports the implementation of internal and external communication projects related to bcIMC’s corporate communication program. The Communication Specialist works with investment professionals in a proactive and confidential manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree, diploma or certificate in commerce, marketing, communication, journalism, or public relations
- Three to five years experience in a communication function, preferably within the financial or investment sector
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills
- Good project management skills with the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven and complex work environment
- Knowledge of finance or institutional investing; completion of the Claritas Investment Certificate or Canadian Securities Course will be an asset
- Proficiency in using MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and related applications
Closing Date: March 17, 2017
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bcimc.com.
bcIMC provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification, to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status, and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with bcIMC? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bcimc.com.