- Exciting opportunity in a rewarding role with Nature’s Path – 2016 Financial Post’s Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada!
- Be a part of a values-based organization with a mission to leave the earth better than we found it.
- Fantastic work atmosphere and supportive team members.
About Nature’s Path
Nature’s Path is a sustainably-driven, deliciously-healthy organic food company that believes in “leaving the earth better than we found it”. At Nature’s Path, we believe in the idea that you can come to work, and help make the world a better place in the same day. Nature’s Path has received numerous awards such as the Greenest Employer award, BC’s Top Employers award, and Financial Post’s Ten Best Companies to work for in Canada!
As a family-run, privately-owned company with locations in Canada and the U.S., our company was founded with strong entrepreneurial spirit and mission to leave the Earth better than we found it, which has become part of everything we do. Since our establishment in 1985, we have expanded to employ a team of over 600 employees in U.S. and Canada! Our company’s innovative brands include Nature’s Path, Love Crunch, Envirokidz and Que Pasa.
We are passionate about food that is good and good for you! Founded in 1985, Nature’s Path Foods is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, employing approximately 500 people at its facilities in both Canada and the United States. The family-owned company is the number one producer of organic breakfast foods and snacks sold in natural, specialty and retail grocery stores in 40 countries worldwide. The company’s innovative brands include Nature’s Path®, EnviroKidz™, and Que Pasa.
Our goal is to be a trusted name for quality organic foods in every home– socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and financially viable. We believe that everyone should have access to delicious food that is both good for people and the planet. If you share our vision, please explore our opportunities and take the path to a new and exciting career! Visit Nature’s Path online at www.naturespath.com, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
About The Opportunity
Facilitate the development and execution of communications plans, through public relations, advertising, and spokesperson/stakeholder relations. General duties include: writing, assisting with planning process, PR events, agency liaison, media relations, media monitoring, research, and coordination activities.
Critical Outcomes From the Job:
1. Build the Nature’s Path brand through the development and execution of effective public relations and communications plans by:
- Working with the communications manager to assist in the development and execution of strategic communications plans.
- Writing press materials (releases, briefs, backgrounders, fact sheets, pitch letters, biographies, and speaking notes) and web, social and advertising content.
- Building relationships with trade, local, regional and national media and securing placements (print, broadcast, and online).
- Liaising with public relations agencies to assist with US & Canadian media relations.
- Executing social marketing efforts and working with online influencers.
- Conducting interviews with internal spokespeople and preparing comprehensive briefing documents.
- Developing and maintaining media lists; and nurturing relationships with media.
- Capturing metrics and developing monthly activity and coverage reports.
2. Be a brand ambassador for Nature’s Path brand through regular face-to-face client and customer interaction and PR event preparations:
- Build the Nature’s Path brand by maintaining open channels of communication with select spokespeople and stakeholders as assigned by the communications manager.
- Coordinating the PR function for consumer/trade events that require support.
- Preparing appropriate lists for media, trade shows, editorial and speaking opportunities.
- Facilitating relationships and maintaining open dialogue with key associations and memberships.
3. Support Nature’s Path’s internal marketing and communications department by:
- Contributing to the communications planning process, creative team brainstorming sessions and maintaining an awareness of new developments and trends in corporate communications.
- Working closely with various internal clients to develop communication plans, aligning messaging and tactics to support divisional and organizational goals.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Success in this role will require:
- Degree in a related field of study (communications or public relations) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Exceptional at communicating with employees at all levels, in remote and onsite locations
- Superb writing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to quickly prioritize and react to changing dynamics and communicate priorities to key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and passion for the organic food industry is an asset
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Exceptional ability to work with the public with confidence and enthusiasm
Upon joining Nature’s Path, you will become part of a vibrant team that contributes to bringing healthy, organic food to the world in a sustainable way. At Nature’s Path, we follow 5 core competencies and, as a result, strive to build a culture that is: performance driven, always improving, team focused, honourable and respectful, and sustainably and socially conscious.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nature’s Path Foods; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by Nature’s Path.