We (Methanex) are seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Vancouver Global Stakeholder Relations Team in a global role that focuses on internal and external communication strategies and execution. This position is responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategies that protect and enhance the reputation of the Company and its product. If you enjoy writing in a clear and concise journalistic manner and are knowledgeable in traditional and digital communications vehicles as well as new technologies and leading edge communications practices, this role may be for you.
Work with the Global Stakeholder Relations team to support strategic priorities in the following areas:
- Manage global news stories for internal and external stakeholders that profile key business initiatives and enhance employee engagement
- Manage social media monitoring, content development and digital strategy
- Support the development of global communications tools and material to ensure consistency with the global strategy, messaging and brand.
- Develop and support strategic initiatives including the development of marketing communications material, infographics and other communications collateral.
- Responsible for project work as assigned and brand support including, supporting the execution of the 2017 brand strategy, managing internal stakeholder requests and evaluating brand impact by tracking and reporting on stakeholder feedback and monitoring analytics.
- Work with an external consultant to develop library of global video assets.
- Manage internal stakeholder requests, as needed.
Education and/or Professional Designation:
- University degree in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism (or related discipline).
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications and/or public relations.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to write in a clear, concise journalistic manner.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledgeable in traditional communications vehicles as well as new technologies and leading edge communications practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sense of humour.
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and content management experience (website and intranet).
- Design expertise an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com