BCAA is looking for talented marketers to join the 2016 BCAMA Marketer of Year team!
BCAA is looking to hire a temporary full-time Communication Specialist ( for a term of 13 months) who will work in partnership with the team to ensure all communications and corporate priorities support the BCAA Strategy.
Primarily an internal communications role, the Communication Specialist also develops strategies and plans that help increase employees’ understanding of BCAA’s Corporate Strategic Plans and how employees contribute to BCAA’s success. This role is particularly focused on content leadership of the company’s corporate newly launched Intranet.
This position works with all levels of the organization and diverse groups on short- and long-term projects.
Key Responsibilities Include
Plan and prioritize communication projects and development to align with corporate priorities and achieve corporate goals.
- Assist the overall decision-making process, and provide input on all requests for additions or revisions to the Intranet and the site structure, ensuring user needs, corporate priorities and best practices are considered and applied as appropriate
- Provide advice to business areas to help them communicate more effectively with employees through the Intranet
- Measure and report on Intranet success for ongoing improvement
Develop and execute communication plans to help BCAA achieve its Corporate Strategy
- Develop and execute communication plans in support of specific business unit initiatives, with the goal of keeping employees informed, inspiring desired action and assisting with corporate announcements and change management
- Under direction of Senior Manager, lead communications to support Leadership such as such as briefing documents for location visits, executive communications and presentations for employee Town Halls in home office.
- Assist with communicating BCAA’s annual Corporate Plan and Strategic Plan and any other supporting materials that may be produced to support communication of the Corporate/Strategic Plan.
- Support business units by providing communication support for emerging employee- and change management-related issues.
- Develop and execute communication plans to support corporate initiatives in response to Engagement Survey results.
- Provide writing, coordination and other support as needed for corporate events designed to enhance employee engagement.
- Contribute stories and other employee content to BCAA’s Intranet
- Lead or assist with the creation of presentations and videos for various events orinitiatives.
- Assist in measuring communication activities including developing, executing and interpreting internal employee surveys.
Communication and content management to ensure a consistent user experience
- Supports the roll-out of changes or improvements to the Intranet
- Monitor and ensure adherence to information architecture and graphic standards
- Facilitate discussions between departments to ensure a consistent approach is taken to delivering similar content across business areas and audience groups
- Troubleshoot and respond to inquiries or questions from publishers (basic technical questions and communication-related)
- Create content for and publish content to the Intranet related to BCAA’s Corporate and Strategic plans and assist with publishing support for other teams or departments when requested.
Assist with BCAA’s external corporate communication and Member advocacy initiatives. Tactics may include preparation of media releases, key messages and Q&A documents and advertorials.
- A university degree, preferably in communications or a related field, supplemented by additional studies in web management, employee communications and writing/ editing and/or corporate communications
- 5 years of applicable organizational communications and web-related experience, preferably in employee communications and Intranet management in large, complex organizations
- A solid understanding of the principles and practices of employee-focused communications and how to leverage web technology as a communication/business tool
- Excellent communications consulting skills and experience developing collaborative working relationships with senior management, their direct reports, other departments and cross-functional teams
- Experience recommending, developing and executing strategic communications plans (short- and long-term) to fit within larger strategic plans and to accomplish specific goals that may impact an organization’s entire employee population
- Experience measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of web-related strategies and communication plans and strategies
- Superior project management skills. Ability to lead projects with limited supervision, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities a must.
- Advanced writing and editing skills for an electronic environment, and the ability to adapt tone and style to various audiences and media, including print, electronic and Intranet sites
- Computer skills, including advanced word processing and knowledge of a web Content Management System and basic HTML
Ability to travel within the Lower Mainland and overnight travel within BC may be required from time to time
- Experience in a large, complex organization with a fast-paced, changing business environment an asset
- Strong technology skills and Basic web design skills
- Experience using SharePoint
Background Check Requirements:
ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS.
Temp Full Time (TFT)
Burnaby – Canada Way
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.