The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
About our team
We are a valued team of storytellers who are a driving force in creating the best possible experience for our patients. Our communications officers are integral to our organization. You will work alongside health care providers and research leaders known around the world for treatment, innovation and care. Being a trusted advisor regarding highly complex issues and projects will keep you busy.
- We are looking for a team member who will be:
- A savvy member of a large, complex organization – skilled in working in a matrix environment, collaborative in building relationships, and smart in knowing how to prioritize competing interests and requests.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to creatively identify and execute media opportunities, respond quickly to issues, and recommend effective messages, versus awaiting direction.
- A supportive “team player” who views their role as helping and enabling their colleagues’ success, as much as securing support for their own. No lone wolves.
- An effective storyteller who can put our best foot forward in identifying stories and managing issues.
- Bachelor degree.
- Post-secondary training in Communications, Public Relations or writing.
- Proven writing skills – short-list candidates will be asked to provide sample news release and briefing note.
- Ability to write a Communications plan – short-list candidates will be asked to provide a sample.
- Issues management experience.
- Proficiency in social media, including content posting and distribution.
- The ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in proactive public relations, and identifying and executing story opportunities.
We invite you to apply by clicking the link below and following to the “Apply Online Now” button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.