The Castlemain Group is proud to be Canada’s leading organization providing professional advisory services to and for Indigenous communities. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in the work we undertake. We have won awards and earned a great reputation for the work we do. We are proud of our team of gifted professionals and wonder if you might be the next to join us.
We welcome you to tour our websites and learn about us at www.castlemaingroup.com
The Lead, Strategic Engagement and Communications will report to the Senior Vice President and the President and will be a member of the Castlemain Group (CMG) senior leadership team, working with the rest of CMG personnel on a regular basis. This position is located in our Vancouver office.
The Strategic Engagement and Communications Lead is responsible for
- Leading the Company’s Strategic Engagement and Communications Practice Area;
- Managing client files across a variety of strategic engagement and communications activities, including strategic planning, community engagement, stakeholder relations, branding, website design, and social media;
- Supervising, mentoring and supporting the growth and development of CMG’s strategic engagement and communications team, consisting of project managers, project coordinators and other engagement and communications professionals;
- Recruiting any new team members for the Strategic Engagement and Communications Practice Area and working cooperatively with the CMG senior leadership team to retain talent across the company;
- Overseeing and writing strategic communications document, website content, press releases, client communications materials and more, both for clients as well as for CMG corporate;
- Working alongside CMG’s senior leadership team to establish and implement a vision and business plan for CMG’s Strategic Engagement and Communications Practice Area;
- Identifying, marketing and acquiring business through regular engagement with the broader Indigenous community in BC, Canada and Internationally;
- Overseeing or directly managing all CMG communications and CMG’s own website, including social media channels and the establishment of an online “voice” for CMG;
- Working together with CMG’s senior leadership team to ensure cultural alignment among all practice areas and with all team members;
- Generating and contributing to proposals, expressions of interest and other communications to generate business for all CMG practice areas; and
- Working to enhance client relations across all practice areas of Castlemain business.
More generally, you will be expected to:
- Work alongside clients in a professional, ethical manner;
- Bring an energetic, creative, positive attitude to work each day;
- Share a passion for contributing to positive change for Indigenous communities;
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, both to improve your skill set as well as develop a better understanding of our clients and our company;
- Work independently and as part of a team, as required;
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Have a willingness to travel and, on occasion, work outside of regular office hours;
- Demonstrate a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and employ a “can do” attitude across all tasks;
- Communicate feedback, challenges and/or methods for improvement in company/client practices;
- Engage in quarterly employee reviews, monthly one-on-one meetings and weekly staff meetings;
- Establish a good working relationship with all CMG team members;
- Represent and promote the CMG brand in a professional and ethical manner at all times;
- Demonstrate effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills; and
- Exhibit focused attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of employment.
In addition to the above responsibilities, and for greater clarity, the Lead, Strategic Engagement and Communications is also required to possess the following characteristics:
- Travel Flexibility – ability to travel occasionally as required in the course of the job;
- Personal Commitment – commitment to staying in touch during out-of-office periods (if required);
- Creativity Expertise – Look for solutions and techniques that reflect the needs of our clients and the ever changing social, economic and political environment they exist in;
- Responsibility Commitment – commitment to doing what it takes to get the job done; and
- Quality Commitment – commitment to doing high-quality work.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of employment on agreement of the Lead, Strategic Engagement and Communications.
The successful candidate for the Lead, Strategic Engagement and Communications position will meet the following qualifications:
- At least 8-10 years experience working in the field of communications or engagement and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of communications activities – community engagement, media, strategy development, campaign development, research, marketing, social media, websites, events, etc.;
- Experience working directly with Indigenous communities and/or organizations;
- Confident presenter and networker with practical experience of working with Indigenous communities, provincial and federal representatives;
- Proven track record working with various engagement and communications platforms both traditional and digital;
- Experience mentoring/leading a team;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; and
- Masters level qualification or equivalent, preferably in communications or engagement related subject.
Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send your resume together with a covering letter outlining how you meet the position requirements, your availability to interview in person and to begin a new position, and your salary expectations to Teyem Thomas – email@example.com
The deadline to submit a covering letter and CV for the position is end of day (5:00 pm PST), Friday, March 31, 2017.
Only those candidates who submit a covering letter and fulsome resume will be eligible to be short-listed and contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in working with us.