The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is dedicated to helping anyone concerned with or facing dementia have the confidence and skills to maintain quality of life, to ensuring that public policy and perceptions reflect the issues and reality, and to securing funding for research.
We are seeking a marketing and communication professional who will bring together branding expertise, communications savvy and commitment to the Society’s vision.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications develops and oversees implementation of marketing and communications plans and initiatives that align with the Society’s strategic and operational goals, meet the needs of internal customers, and enhance the Society’s visibility province-wide across print, web, social media, media relations, event marketing and intranet communication channels.
Reporting to the Director of Advocacy and Education, the Manager supervises a small, dynamic team of staff and works with the Society’s management team on cross-departmental issues and projects.
- Implement and oversee existing marketing and communications plans (including strategies and messaging) to support the Society’s strategic goals
- Oversee the graphic identity and consistent messaging across the Society
- Implement and oversee media strategies and public liaison for the Society
- Participate in the Management Team meetings and help to develop Society policies
- Oversee the production of Society publications and ensure consistency with the overall communications and marketing plan, including the annual report
- Monitor the marketing and communications budget
- Participates as a member of the National Communications Group; works with the Alzheimer Society of Canada on national scope communications
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree (Masters preferred) in a communications related discipline
- 8-10 years recent, related experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong editing skills, in-depth understanding and established connections to local and national media and other appropriate contacts
- Able to manage a diverse and demanding workload and operate within tight timeframes
- Previous supervisory experience, development and management of a team
Candidates must have management experience, above average oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects on an ongoing basis.
Please forward a current resume and a cover letter that tells us how your experience matches this opportunity. Please include an indication of your salary expectation.
Posting closes March 19, 2017.
Human Resources Advisor
Alzheimer Society of B.C.
#300 – 828 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1E2
We appreciate your interest in the work of the Society; however, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted directly.
Find out more about us! www.alzheimerbc.org