- Position Title: Manager, Marketing & Communications (Children’s Services)
- Location: Joyce Street YMCA; Vancouver, BC
- Terms: Permanent Full-Time
- Shifts: Monday – Friday; 35 hours per week
- Salary: $43,500 – $65,000 per year, plus complete benefits package
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reports To: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, by nurturing the potential of children, teens & young adults, promoting healthy lifestyles, fostering a sense of social responsibility and delivering lasting personal and social change. We are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential. Our values guide our decision-making and behaviour—we do the right thing, put people first, keep our promises and lead by example.
For over 130 years, we have been part of the community, a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to grow in spirit, mind and body. One of the Lower Mainland’s leading charities, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver provides services in health, fitness & aquatics, child care, camping, employment & community services to over 120,000 participants annually.
Nature & Scope:
The Marketing & Communications Manager (Community) is an energetic, innovative and collaborative individual who is passionate about developing and executing a wide range of marketing and communications strategies. The successful candidate will work with the centralized Marketing & Communications team as well as other internal stakeholders to carry out marketing and communications strategies for our community programs, with a particular focus on supporting the needs of our child care, camp and outdoor education programs. This position will appeal to those who enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and those who value teamwork that produces results.
- Supports the community operations team through the execution of marketing and communications
- Develops and implements targeted marketing and communications strategies to fill vacancies within licensed child care, day camps, outdoor education programs and facility rentals of YMCA Camp Elphinstone
- Implements and supports marketing and communications activities to increase retention and engagement of participants in Children’s Services branch
- Oversees marketing and communications support of various community programs, including Employment and Training, Immigrant Services, Youth Engagement, Community Health and Global Initiatives
- Increases awareness of child care and camps within targeted communities, particularly when opening new locations
- Writes, edits and manages the production of a wide variety of digital and print materials, using design and print contractors
- Identifies and maximizes cross-promotional opportunities
- Provides brand leadership to ensure brand behaviour, graphic standards and messaging are used consistently across all locations and programs to build the YMCA brand
- Researches and monitors success measurement and tracking systems to inform program promotion, acquisition and retention strategies
- Represents the Community Team’s strategic priorities to ensure integration with the overall organization’s marketing and communications plan
- A degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, developing and executing integrated marketing and communications strategies that produce results
- Strong oral communication and exemplary writing skills, including copywriting, promotional writing, business writing, web, social media and editing
- Supervisory experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent prioritizing skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple demands with competing timelines
- Collaborative with a customer-focused, positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and decisions, and create action plans based on information discovered
- Creative problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Experience producing materials working with designers and print/production vendors
- Tech savvy, including a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe suites, as well as the ability to learn new databases or content management systems
- Sales-related experience an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date and three professional references
- Commitment to Organization and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA of Greater Vancouver.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority, and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
- Communication: Ability to speak, write, listen, and secure information in a variety of settings
- Outcomes Oriented: Ability to lead, manage, and achieve identified goals.
Complete online application using the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ymcagv&jobId=122860&lang=en_CA&source=CC3
Application deadline: February 13, 2017