Product Care Association is a not-for-profit industry sponsored association that operates the “ReGeneration” family of recycling programs across Canada and in the U.S., in response to an increasing number of “product stewardship” regulations. These regulations require the industry that makes or sells a designated product to have a no-cost recycling program for that product at its end-of-life. Product Care manages more recycling programs than any other organization in Canada, for products such as lighting, paint, household appliances, outdoor power equipment, etc.
Product Care has a dedicated staff of more than 60 employees based at its head office in Vancouver (near False Creek/Olympic Village) and branch offices in Toronto and Montreal, as well as a recycling plant in Delta, BC.
Product Care is looking for a skilled professional for the role of Manager of Communications to develop and implement a full range of communications and social marketing initiatives to increase consumer awareness and participation in Product Care’s recycling programs, while at the same time keeping Product Care’s members and stakeholders involved and informed.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or public relations, along with a solid track record of strategic and proactive communications and a minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in this area, as well as the following attributes:
- A proven record of successful “call to action” communications campaigns
- Ability to research, develop and implement comprehensive strategic communications plans
- Solid understanding of community-based social marketing theory and practice
- Experience with earned media, purchased advertising, social media, events, point of sale materials and other tactical approaches, across Canada
- Experience managing stakeholder issues
- Strong writing skills and experience writing communiqués, press releases, website copy, etc. that is both attention-getting and technically accurate
- Experience in assessing the effectiveness of marketing/communications campaigns
- Ability to develop campaign materials and implement awareness campaigns
- Experience in working with the media
- Working knowledge of extended producer responsibility
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS tools
- Ability to work well with staff and stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects on budget and on time
Registration with IABC or CPRS and familiarity with recycling and product stewardship are considered assets.
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package including flex-time, personal days off, bonus days and educational support, in a dynamic, team-based work environment.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.