Permanent Full-Time – up to 35 hours/week
Abbotsford Community Services is a large multi-service non-profit agency, serving Abbotsford and the surrounding area. Programs and services are funded by a combination of diverse government grants, foundations, gaming and donations. We are seeking a Manager to join our Fund Development and Communications team.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Operations and will provide oversight and support to the fund development and marketing team. The incumbent will provide input and carry out the plans for organizational strategies related to community relations, marketing, alumni and fund development. The incumbent will be responsible for a portfolio of donors and/or sponsors. The incumbent is able to work independently, balance a fluctuating workload, and work effectively in a busy environment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, orient and supervise positions in fund development, marketing and alumni department as required.
- Develop and review fund development policies, outcomes and strategies with the Directors, Manager of Philanthropy and the Fund Development Committee to ensure fund development activities that are congruent with agency requirements.
- Is responsible for a portfolio of donors and/or sponsors.
- Develop and review community relations policies, outcomes and strategies with the Directors, Marketing and Communications Coordinator and the Community Relations Committee to ensure our PR activities are congruent with agency priorities.
- In consultation with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, plan, direct and evaluate the activities and calendar related to PR, marketing and communications.
- Manage media relations.
- Plan, implement and promote programs and/or events that engage alumni with agency.
- Strengthen relationships through communications (electronic, mail/phone) with alumni.
- Collect, research, organize and summarize data from a variety of sources in order to produce reports
- Assist with agency events as required.
- Must maintain a satisfactory criminal records check;
- Must maintain membership AFP or related Professional Association, and be in compliance with the Association’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
- Experience working with eTapestry or comparable donor databases/fund raising software
- Education and Experience:
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fund development or the equivalent in education and experience;
- Management and Supervisory experience
- Understanding of accounting principles as they relate to donations, CRA, etc.
- Project management skills are highly recommended
- Demonstrated organizational skills – planning and scheduling while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Available to work a mutually agreed upon shifts including some evenings/weekends
Closing date is March 31, 2017
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2017-31-01 in the subject line.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
- Attention: HR. Abbotsford Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue. Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.