Marketing and Communications Coordinator, BC Pharmacy Association
The British Columbia Pharmacy Association (BCPhA) is an organization that supports and advances the professional and economic interests of community pharmacists and pharmacies in the province. With a membership of more than 3,150 practicing pharmacists and nearly 1,000 pharmacies across British Columbia, the Association supports pharmacists and pharmacy owners in the day-to-day delivery of pharmacy services, advocates for the profession and supports expanding the use of pharmacist expertise in the health-care system.
We are seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to enhance our online presence, support marketing and communications campaigns, and build engagement with the BCPhA brand.
This new position is key to moving the Association forward as we move to expand our marketing and communications efforts focusing on member retention and recruitment and rebuilding our web and digital presence. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is resourceful, a self-starter and is passionate about delivering results. They have great writing and editing skills and have a portfolio to show it. The coordinator is highly organized, curious and wants to develop their skills in a small team environment where they can make a big impact.
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, has a sense of humour, enjoys working in a collaborative team environment and who is constantly striving to improve the quality of their work. Reporting to the Director, Communications, the coordinator will be responsible for maintaining up-to-date content on digital properties, supporting and executing marketing campaigns and help in the production of marketing and communication materials. The successful candidate will have an eye for design and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud. The coordinator will also support in updating databases for marketing and communications work (media lists, member outreach programs) and maintain a digital asset repository and digital filing process.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining and making timely updates to the Association’s website and digital channels.
- Supporting and executing member e-marketing plans and campaigns.
- Assisting in the development of marketing, communications and promotional materials and presentations.
- Contributing to digital strategy, including content and graphic development for web, social channels, emails, and e-newsletters.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on online behavior from digital channels.
- Assist in maintaining content calendars for social media and the web.
- Providing editorial support for web content as required and ensuring content adheres to brand.
- Writing, editing and designing communications and marketing materials.
- Assisting in other communications and marketing tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Business.
- 1 to 3 years related experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading skills with a commitment to clear, concise and accurate presentation of material.
- Experience with CRM and email marketing software.
- Knowledge/experience in digital marketing, including social media and email marketing.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter who is resourceful and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Confident use of Adobe Creative Cloud software and CMS like WordPress or Drupal.
- Knowledge of video editing is an asset.
- Experience with a Learning Management System or online training system is an asset.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including MSP and a health spending account.
- Nimble, agile and flat organizational structure that allows for quick decision making and execution.
- Positive team environment where all staff, both at junior and senior levels, roll up their sleeves to get work done.
How to Apply:
If you’ve got the skills and this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter that tells us how and why you would be the right fit. In the subject line please reference the job title.
Posting closes: March 28, 2017.
Full-time, permanent position