Permanent – Full Time
Families across British Columbia are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. The Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s ultimate vision is a world without dementia; that vision begins with a world where people living with the disease are welcomed, acknowledged and included. Working in communities throughout the province, the Society supports, educates and advocates for people with dementia and those who care for them, as well as enabling research into the disease. This Marketing & Communications Coordinator vacancy is an exciting chance to join the movement.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is part of a team responsible for managing the Society’s reputation and enhancing its visibility. Responsible for a varied portfolio of projects, events and initiatives, the Coordinator plans and implements marketing and communications activities in order to assist the organization in achieving its strategic goals.
- Ensures a coordinated and impactful approach to the Society’s marketing and communications activities.
- Meets with internal clients to review project and departmental objectives, and develops and implements marketing and communications plans to support these objectives.
- Analyzes campaign metrics and articulates recommendations on how to repeat or exceed past successes.
- Monitors graphic identity and consistency of messaging across all public-facing Society materials.
- Leads efforts to mobilize public opinion and increase awareness of the Society’s activities through awareness campaigns and other initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals.
Qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary diploma/degree plus related designations including 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Experience and proficiency with communications planning, media relations, graphic design, desktop publishing is required. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to write and edit a wide variety of audience-targeted materials. Ability to take direction and work independently while being part of a team effort.
- Strong and critical attention to detail. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS. Familiarity with databases such as Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias is preferred.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter that details how your qualifications match this specific position. Please also include a business related writing sample (less than 5 pages) as well as an indication of your salary expectation.
Posting closes on: June 18, 2017
Jo-Anne Teal, Human Resources Advisor
Alzheimer Society of B.C.
300 – 828 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1E2
Find out more about us! www.alzheimerbc.org
Thank you for your interest in the work of the Society. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted directly.