Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
|DEPARTMENT:||Office of the CAO||STATUS:||Temporary Full Time (3 year term)|
|NO. OF POSITIONS:||One||UNION:||CUPE, Local 387|
|HOURS OF WORK:||*35 hours per week||SALARY:||$58,969 – $69,433 per year, plus benefits
The City of New Westminster has an exciting opportunity for a Public Engagement Coordinator. With the recent adoption of a new Public Engagement Strategy, we are seeking a dynamic and creative individual who will be responsible for coordinating New Westminster’s public engagement initiatives and working with other City staff to enhance outreach activities. Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Economic Development, you will use your skills working closely with staff to create a culture of engagement and will develop mechanisms to assist public stakeholders in understanding key city issues and priorities. You will also assist City departments with the strategic planning and evaluation of major engagement initiatives. Your responsibilities include organizing and coordinating public engagement and community outreach programs; reviewing and evaluating engagement systems and activities; and providing consultation, training and assistance to internal staff on implementing engagement tools. You are a self-starter who can exercise considerable independence of judgment and action in the creative aspects of your work. If this sounds like the perfect fit for your passion, talent and skills, we would love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, communications or public relations, or related field, plus 3 – 5 years sound related experience in public/community engagement tactics, principles and strategies. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of public/community engagement processes and initiatives (experience in a municipal setting is considered an asset.)
- Sound knowledge of IAP2 best practices.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in developing and implementing public engagement initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts and the public.
- Sound presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of public meetings and workshops.
- Excellent organization skills and proficient in preparing and maintaining a variety of records, files, correspondence and reports related to the work.
- Sound computer skills and experience using of MS Office.
- Class 5 driver’s license for the province of British Columbia.
*Applicants must be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #17-85, by June 21, 2017, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9,
Fax: (604)527-4619 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.