Fraser Health Authority – Senior Communications Consultant
We strive to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor managing our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Bring your expert skills, experience and passion for making a difference to an organization where you will take on a key role in providing strategic and tactical communications guidance to Executive Directors, Medical Directors and other Fraser Health leaders. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you will:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate strategic communication plans for a range of topics that connect our health care priorities to a wide spectrum of stakeholders, internal and external.
- Plan, develop and implement and evaluate public education campaigns that support access to services as well as health promotion
- Implement communication plans by writing compelling articles and exceptional copy material for various media and channels.
- Act as a highly-skilled generalist, consultant, coach, and tactician.
- Manage multiple projects, tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Support the oversight and direction of digital communications projects at Fraser Health.
Your understanding of how effective communication contributes to an engaged workforce will help you plan and implement communications strategies that support Fraser Health as a great workplace as well as a great community partner.
Your day-to-day work will vary, but strong writing skills and demonstrated excellence in strategic communications planning are essential, as is a thorough working knowledge of social media. Compassion, poise under pressure and a commitment to collaboration will contribute to your success.
Your background includes a degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline and five to seven years recent, related experience in a communications or public affairs role in a large public sector, health care or similarly complex organization.
Be part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive benefits coverage. This position is located at our Central City Offices in Surrey, BC, an ideal location with access to rapid transit, on site-gym and shopping services as well as other amenities.
How to apply
Position open until filled. Apply online.