Full time Location: Vancouver
Formed in 1947, the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) is responsible for registering and regulating British Columbia’s professional foresters and forest technologists. Under BC’s Foresters Act, only individuals licensed by the ABCFP are allowed to practise forestry in British Columbia. With more than 5,300 members, we are the largest professional forestry association in Canada. The ABCFP is a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected members and two government appointees.
With more than 5,300 members, we are the largest professional forestry association in Canada. The ABCFP is a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected members and two government appointees.
We’re looking for an experienced communications professional who can help us take our online communication efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technology and have a passion for using online tools to achieve communication goals. You should be a self-starter who can see beyond the day-to-day tasks and envision the strategic big picture; someone who is serviceoriented yet can remain calm while juggling multiple priorities and deadlines; someone who is committed to ongoing improvement, willing to ask questions, and work as part of a small team. A fondness for plaid is also helpful.
We currently have an opening for a senior communications specialist – digital in our communications department. Reporting to the director of communications, this position will help formulize and deliver the association’s online communication efforts. Primary responsibilities include managing and updating the association’s online properties, including websites, social media, e-newsletter, learning management system modules, and data base management. Other aspects of the role include identifying and working with other association staff to create relevant online content for our members and the public. While the online activity is a priority for this role, the right candidate will also have experience with the written word, knowledge of CP Style, and some graphic design experience.
Specific duties include:
- Updating, editing, and posting new content to ABCFP website and conference microsite using RiSE CMS
- Setting up online event registrations
- Managing and regularly updating postings on ABCFP job centre
- Creating and/or editing graphics, images, banners, landing pages, and website content as needed
- Providing advice, strategy, and taking the lead on website improvements
- Creating and editing iMIS database queries (SQL Server IQAs)
- Designing ballots and managing online voting for council association elections and other initiatives
- Responding to and troubleshooting member inquiries regarding online access to members accounts
- Assisting with the creation and distribution of twice-monthly e-newsletter
- Creating and distributing e-newsletters for student subscribers (START program)
- Assisting in managing and posting content to ABCFP social media channels
- Assisting in the creation and distribution of online member surveys
- Assisting in annual conference preparation
- Providing graphic design assistance as needed
- Three to five years’ experience in managing and updating websites and other digital properties
- Post-secondary training in website design or website management, preferably combined with a degree or diploma in communications or public relations
- Experience using advanced CSS techniques in order to solve design issues Strong working knowledge of HTML/HTML5
- Strong working knowledge of CSS and CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SASS Strong working knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform development techniques
- Experience using Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with SEO
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram as marketing tools Past experience with or knowledge of iMIS 20 and RiSE an asset.
This role is based in our Vancouver office. The Association of BC Forest Professionals offers a competitive salary and benefits along with other incentives to help employees maintain a work/life balance. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Dean Pelkey, ABCFP Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 11:59 pm on Monday, March 27, 2017.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.