The Senior Web Editor works with the Manager, Digital Strategy & Communications to oversee BC Housing’s various websites. The position plans and carries out online communication strategies to support the development and implementation of new online services.
- Degree or advanced diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, digital communications or other relevant discipline
- A minimum four years progressive experience in website management, preferably in a large complex public sector organization, including experience in developing digital and content strategies, maintaining large complex websites, and creating content for online audiences. Experience in working with Content Management Systems, Adobe PhotoShop, and using UX to optimize online services. Experience with usability assessments and service delivery websites.
- A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
Required knowledge and skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current social media platforms, web editing tools and software (including Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with content strategy and best practices in UX
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in Content Management Systems and website analytics programs
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, and website
- Knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, digital standards, and Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to develop creative digital strategies that support the business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system.
- Strong creative, writing and editing abilities, including ability to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- A high degree of judgment, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Strong ability to build relationships and educate various stakeholders on web standards, best practices, and governance
- Ability to work with developers, content specialists, UX designers, QA, and other cross functional groups to implement web features
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to adapt to changes in the online publishing environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies; ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.