Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Stakeholder Engagement Advisor – Vancouver
Job Number: BCH-T-8813-161209E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
Site C is a third dam and hydroelectric generating station under construction in northeast B.C. The project is being built to meet long-term electricity needs in the province. Site C will provide 1,100 megawatts (MW) of capacity and about 5,100 gigawatt hours (GWh) of energy each year to the province’s integrated electricity system. Construction of Site C started in July 2015 and will be completed in 2024.
This is a full-time temporary opportunity for a Stakeholder Engagement Advisor to work within the Site C Public Affairs team in the implementation of consultation and community relations programs.
Specific duties for this role will include:
- Provide communications support to the Construction Communications Program, including attending weekly construction meetings and writing key information and notification materials –including construction bulletins and a quarterly First Nations notification letter.
- Lead the development of the quarterly project newsletter by initiating story ideas, selecting graphics/photos, writing content and arranging for approvals and distribution.
- Provide communications support for several Site C programs, including the Site C Business Participation Program, employment reporting, procurement communications, community relations, FOI responses, and internal communications.
- Develop plans, write project updates, presentations, website content, briefing notes, public notification materials and other public communication materials as required
This position requires a unique combination of personal attributes, skills, education and experience including:
- A University degree in Communications, Business, Resource/Environmental Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Experience with infrastructure projects is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of BC Hydro’s business and the energy industry will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in building positive relationships with the business community and a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with project-related procurement processes.
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning and managing large projects or programs.
- In addition to project management, strategic thinking, and business acumen, the successful candidate will demonstrate a great deal of flexibility to changing circumstances.
- Excellent communications writing skills are essential.
- Experience working with local, regional and provincial governments is an asset.
- A minimum of six years of specific or related experience.
- This is a Full-Time Temporary opportunity for approximately one year in length and is located at our Dunsmuir location Downtown Vancouver.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by December 20, 2016.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
- We are safe.
- We are here for our customers.
- We are one team.
- We act with integrity.
- We respect our province.
- We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.