Lead the charge: How senior leaders build teams, drive success and champion communication
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- HiVE Co-working Space 128 West Hastings St., Suite 210 Vancouver, V6B 1G8
- Thursday, March 22, 2018
As a professional communicator, you know superb communication is vital to the success of your organization. But, how can you convince everyone else at the leadership table?
On this expert panel, four senior communication directors will share how they’ve advocated for communication as a strategic leadership function and demonstrated its impact on their organizations’ performance.
The panellists will explore their diverse approaches to leadership, including how to build effective teams and champion the value of communication to C-Suite executives. Questions will be welcomed from the floor.
Join us for this candid conversation among senior communicators about the challenges and opportunities of high-level leadership, with plenty of inspiration for early-career professionals who aspire to lead in the future.
The panellists are:
- Jonathan Anthony, MA, ABC, Global Head, Corporate Communications, Teekay Corporation
- Maureen Cameron, APR, Director, Corporate Communications & Community Relations, Best Buy Canada
- Kristin Linklater, ABC, Executive Director, Communications & Marketing, Simon Fraser University
- Victoria Miles, Director, Communications & Marketing, Capilano University
Register now and #Leadthecharge!
This panel is presented at the Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) certification level: For highly skilled business communicators practiced in providing strategic communication advice and counseling to an organization’s leadership. However, communicators at all stages are welcome!
Coming out of the panel, key takeaways will include:
- How to balance management and administration, professional expertise and practice, and supportive advisory services
- How to earn credibility within your organization as a leader
- How the job of a leader is different than the job of a team member
- How communication leaders embrace change and remain adaptable
- The expectation that leaders have an opinion, and are able to back it up!
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Registration and networking
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Panel discussion
Student Members: $20
Student Non-Members: $30