Speed Mentoring: How to Successfully Navigate Your Career Path
- 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Simon Fraser University Harbour Centre Campus; 515 West Hastings Street, Room 2945, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5K3
- February 26, 2020
Join us for an evening of meaningful exchanges, networking and speed mentoring with senior professionals from global and local companies!
A career in Communications can take many shapes; from specializing in digital marketing and social media to becoming an expert in media relations and public engagement – communicators may choose from a variety of career paths. This abundance of choice can be both exciting and overwhelming.
Through this evening of speed mentoring, we seek to give you the opportunity to gain insight and advice from a variety of season professionals whose careers have followed different paths.
Whether you’re a recent graduate looking to build your career, or an experienced communicator looking to connect with like-minded individuals, this event offers wide range of topics for discussion, including;
- How to best position yourself for growth and career development
- Advice on how to stay current within an ever-changing environment
- Guidance on how to find your niche within Communications
- Stories of conventional and unconventional Communications career paths from our mentors
- 5:30 – Registration and Networking
- 5:55 – Welcome
- 6:00 – 7:55 – Mentoring Sessions
- 8:00 – End
- Member: $25
- Non-Member: $35
- Student: $15
Registration includes: light hors d’oeuvres, coffee, meaningful exchanges and speed mentoringRegister Now