Are you looking to build or broaden your portfolio of writing samples? We have a variety of volunteer writing roles available to help you polish your writing skills or explore another area of communications. At IABC/BC, our volunteer writing roles support event promotions, marketing campaigns, orientation programs and other programs. They also develop ongoing web and digital content, program descriptions, and email templates for internal and external use to help engage our membership and align our communications with IABC international.
If you’re a grammar-loving communicator with the ability to work on your own initiative, consider applying to one of the many volunteer content writer roles for IABC/BC. Creative and enthusiastic candidates, read on:
- Content coordinator, awards
- Content coordinator, internal communications
- Content coordinator, external communications
- Content coordinator, student communications
- Content coordinator, career development
- Career development
- Marketing and communications
- Member services
- Student development
- Volunteer Services
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments at one time.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work with a team remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal, and collaboration skills with a focus on professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, and follow processes.
- Portfolio dependent. Roughly one-to-three hours per month
- Writing and editing
- Campaign or program execution and promotion
- Strategic planning and campaign/program management
- Problem solving
This opportunity is open to Junior to Intermediate level communicators with an interest in communications writing. You will bring a high attention to detail and professionalism to the role. Experience in business communications writing is preferred but not essential.
Some of these roles can be carried out from any location in BC.
How to apply
To apply, simply email an up-to-date resume (or LinkedIn profile URL) to email@example.com. If possible, please indicate a preferred portfolio.