You are a passionate proponent of IABC’s international, national and local awards opportunities, and you are keen to grow the numbers of BC chapter members who participate in them. You may have earned some of these prestigious awards yourself; or else, you are passionate about their value to a communicator’s career.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement robust communications plans and content calendars promoting entry to Gold Quill, Silver Leaf and Wave Awards.
- Oversee the IABC/BC Wave Awards program, including nominations, evaluation and the year-end Wave Awards event + AGM (AGM portion in collaboration with the Executive board).
- Develop a calendar of stories celebrating previous Wave Award, Gold Quill Award and Silver Leaf Award winners (as part of general awards promotional activities).
- Work with Director, Volunteer Services and Director, Membership to vigorously maintain records of which awards were won by which members, and when.
- Work with the Director, Students and New Communicators, to recruit evaluators for the SAIL award, and to ensure that the SAIL award program follows relevant standards and practices as related to the Wave Awards program.
- Develop a templated approach for announcing / celebrating when an IABC/BC member wins an IABC award and implement same-day when members discover they have earned their award
Fill out this form to apply for the Director, Awards Programs position. The deadline to apply for this position is April 15, 2021.
Questions? Please contact José Vargas, incoming IABC/BC President – vicepresident(at)iabc.bc.ca