Are you looking to build or broaden your portfolio of writing samples? We have a variety of volunteer writing roles available to help you polish your writing skills or explore another area of communications. At IABC/BC, our volunteer writing roles support event promotions, marketing campaigns, orientation programs and other programs. They also develop ongoing web and digital content, program descriptions, and email templates for internal and external use to help engage our membership and align our communications with IABC international.
Under the Students and New Communicators portfolio you will be curating and writing content for Students and New Communicators members within IABC/BC. This includes email, newsletter, website, and potentially social media.
If you’re a grammar-loving communicator with the ability to work on your own initiative, consider applying to one of the many volunteer content writer roles for IABC/BC. Creative and enthusiastic candidates, read on:
- Content Coordinator, Students and New Communicators
- Students and new communicators
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments at one time.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work with a team remotely.
- Excellent interpersonal, and collaboration skills with a focus on professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, and follow processes.
- Approximately 2-3 hrs/week
- Writing and editing
- Campaign or program execution and promotion
- Strategic planning and campaign/program management
- Problem solving
This opportunity is open to Junior to Intermediate level communicators with an interest in communications writing. You will bring a high attention to detail and professionalism to the role. Experience in business communications writing is preferred but not essential.
Some of these roles can be carried out from any location in BC.
How to apply
To apply, simply email an up-to-date resume (or LinkedIn profile URL) to email@example.com.