You are an enthusiastic leader, an IABC/BC brand ambassador and excited to move the chapter forward. Keen to lead a dedicated group of chapter leaders who are committed to our community of marketing and communications members. If you are a member who is ready to step into this leadership position and gain invaluable entrepreneurial skills and business experience, this is the role for you.
- Succeed automatically to President after one year.
- Attend monthly IABC/BC executive calls and serve as a board buddy for portfolio Directors.
- Represent IABC/BC on the board of the IABC Canadian Western Region (CWR) and report to the IABC/BC board on all CWR activities.
- Function as an authorized signing officer.
- Represent the chapter at IABC Leadership Institute and Dare to Lead.
- Maintain relationships with other western region chapters.
- Review chapter bylaws, ensure they are accurate and current and present revisions to the chapter board and AGM, as required.
- Facilitate board meetings in the President’s absence.
- Assist in orientation of new board members.
- Coordinate and develop leadership development opportunities for IABC/BC board members.
- Review and update all board roles and responsibilities prior to the start of the board year & manage board recruitment with the Past President, and Executive Board.
- Provide backup support to the President.
- Maintain a record of the year’s activities in this position and train successor.
- Work with the Past President and Executive Administrator to coordinate the IABC/BC Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Fill out this form to apply for the Executive Board – Vice President position. The deadline to apply for this position is April 15, 2021.
Questions? Please contact Dana Higgins, IABC/BC President – president(at)iabc.bc.ca