Leadership opportunities with an innovative and growing School District
Adjacent to Victoria on southern Vancouver Island, Sooke School District is the fastest growing school district on Vancouver Island and one of the fastest growing districts in BC. The District operates in five municipalities: Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Sooke and the Highlands and acknowledges the traditional territories of the Coast Salish: T’Sou-ke Nation and Scia’new Nation and Nuu-chah-nulth: Pacheedaht Nation. We also recognize some of our schools reside on the traditional territory of Esquimalt Nation and Songhees Nation. The District employs over 1,900 educators and support staff and serves over 12,800 students The District’s Strategic Plan looks ahead to the future and focuses on three priority areas: learning, engagement and growth.
Digital Communications Coordinator
(Full-time position effective immediately)
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Communications, the Digital Communications Coordinator will work in collaboration with various staff members to support strong communications within the District and specifically the Sooke School District brand, goals and strategic plan. The Coordinator will attend and report on events through the District and work in partnership with departments and schools to promote board wide initiatives on social media accounts, websites and through content creation such as videos, graphics and photographs. As a Digital Communications Coordinator, we are looking for candidates that:
- Strives for Personal Excellence
- Practices a Growth Mindset
- Thinks Critically and Creatively
- Effectively Communicates and Collaborates
- Builds Relationships
- Fosters Interconnectedness
If you posses the above qualities, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your education and experience in the following areas:
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Videography, Digital Communications, Digital Marketing, or Public Relations or equivalent in related field
- Minimum two (2) years of demonstrated recent and exemplary experience in the communications field including: video production, videography, editing and graphic design; social media and CMS platforms; and website and intranet site maintenance
- Advanced computer skills using Windows and Microsoft software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint as well as the ability to navigate the internet and use web-based applications
- Experience working with Drupal and WordPress is an asset
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in the K-12 education or public sector is an asset
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license and transportation to be present at all District location
Sooke School District is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment. We believe in a learning and work environment that is welcoming and safe that values, reflects and appreciates differences.
In addition to clearly demonstrating the above, you must also include the names of two references which must include your immediate supervisor as well as one other reference who can speak to your leadership skills. Other references may be contacted with your prior permission.
Please apply online at Make a Future: http://bit.ly/3ZHClaq by Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:00 noon.