About the Alzheimer Society of B.C.
There are approximately 70,000 British Columbians living with dementia, and this number is growing. For every person living with dementia, there are many more people affected, including family, friends, co-workers and other members of their communities. Our vision is of a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and that world begins with a more dementia-friendly society, where people affected by dementia are acknowledged, supported and included. When you work for the Alzheimer Society of B.C., you help us realize that vision by connecting more British Columbians to the support and education they need at any point on their dementia journey. You help us challenge stigma and change the future for people affected by dementia. You help us show people affected by dementia that they’re not alone.
About the position
The Marketing & Communications Officer is part of a team responsible for managing the Society’s reputation and enhancing its visibility. Responsible for a varied portfolio of projects, events and initiatives, the Officer plans and implements marketing and communications activities in order to assist the organization in achieving its strategic goals.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, this role is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring a coordinated and impactful approach to the Society’s marketing and communications activities.
- Meeting with internal clients to review project and departmental objectives, and developing and implementing marketing and communications plans to support these objectives.
- Analyzing campaign metrics and articulating recommendations on how to repeat or exceed past successes.
- Monitoring graphic identity and consistency of messaging across all public-facing Society materials.
- Leading efforts to mobilize public opinion and increase awareness of the Society’s activities through awareness campaigns and other initiatives.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals.
You are an accomplished communications professional looking for an opportunity to make a real difference. A passionate brand ambassador with a reputation for driving results, you tell powerful stories to create change. You bring past experience in digital marketing to connect with new audiences and build awareness. You’re able to juggle a number of projects and responsibilities, all while maintaining a “can-do” attitude, a commitment to customer service and collaborating across teams and departments. You relish putting campaign plans in place and excel in getting them implemented.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree plus related designations including 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Experience and proficiency with communications planning, media relations, graphic design, desktop publishing is required. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to write and edit a wide variety of audience-targeted materials. Ability to take direction and work independently while being part of a team effort.
- Strong and critical attention to detail. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS. Familiarity with databases such as Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Cantonese, Mandarin or Punjabi language ability is not necessary but would be an asset for this role.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias is preferred.
Benefits of working with us
- Flexible work environment, including opportunities for a nine-day fortnight and/or the ability to work from home on occasion (this position will work remotely during the pandemic)
- An excellent employee benefits package, where most premiums are 90 per cent paid by the Society
- An Employee and Family Assistance program for you and your dependants
- Support for appropriate training and development initiatives
- Generous leave provisions (vacation, personal days and the potential of a holiday closure)
- 12 paid statutory holidays per year
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume in a single word or PDF file to email@example.com, being sure to include the position title in the subject line. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the Alzheimer Society of B.C.