Organizational Readiness Lead
Temporary Position Until December 2023
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive.
Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement, and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
The BCSC is planning to expand its digital transformation project team with the addition of an Organizational Readiness Lead.
In this role you will provide business users with the support required for the implementation of BCSC’s digital transformation initiative, focusing on business user training and preparedness. This is a strategic project for the BCSC and has support at all levels of the organization, including the Board. The first of two releases is planned for April 2023 and will deliver a new customer relationship management system.
The work will involve preparing business users in using the new systems built in Dynamics365 and working with them to align policies and procedures.
The Organizational Readiness Lead will own the overall Business Readiness Plan (the Plan) that includes a Training Plan for future releases, starting with the customer relationship system. We are working in collaboration with an experienced Systems Integrator (the vendor) who will provide significant support in developing the Training Plan and will help with training material preparation.
We have BCSC staff identified to assist with work to implement the Training Plan, both for systems training and training on new processes. The Organizational Readiness Lead will work closely with the vendor and BCSC staff to establish and execute the Plan.
The Plan will also include tasks to develop materials and manage rollout so business users have the required knowledge and the ability to adopt the new business processes. We have Process Owners and business subject matter experts who will work with the Organizational Readiness Lead to revise policy and procedure documentation.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid and collaborative work environment. You will be expected to build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external. You will be supported by a strong team of experienced colleagues.
What your day looks like:
- Develop the overall Business Readiness plan including integration of the Training Plan, so that the materials and tasks for training staff on the new system are identified and planned.
- Develop the section of the Plan targeted at the rollout of new processes (considering where process-oriented training can also be incorporated into the systems training).
- Work with BCSC staff to ‘train the trainers’ and to connect business staff to offered trainings.
Your experience and skills include:
- An undergraduate degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in leading training programs or a combination of these qualifications to effectively perform the tasks required
- Excellent communication and judgment skills
- Excellent writing skills and plain language style
- Past experience in instructional design, creating training strategies and plans, and related communication materials
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is nice to have
- Past experience managing business user input in a digital transformation program is a nice to have
- Knowledge of learning management systems is nice to have
At the BCSC, we understand the importance of diversity of thought and experience and we are dedicated to developing and upskilling our employees. If you believe your experience and technical skills are transferable to this role and you are interested in continuing to grow your skills set, we encourage you to apply.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes four weeks of annual vacation. Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by June 26, 2022. Competition # 22-131.
The Commission has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.