Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive. Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
You will be part of the dynamic team that provides a wide variety of communications services to the BCSC. Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the Internal Communications Specialist is an experienced professional who develops and executes communications strategies and tactics that align BCSC staff to corporate strategy by informing, influencing, and engaging them at all levels.
Key responsibilities include identifying, planning, and executing internal communications and engagement opportunities for BCSC staff, including developing and executing internal communications plans, writing corporate reports, developing campaigns, and managing events. You will also be responsible for overseeing content strategy for the BCSC’s corporate internet and be a part of the publishing team.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in a field related to the work such as social sciences or business
- Completion of courses in communications, journalism, or public affairs
- A minimum of three years of experience in internal communications, change management, or stakeholder communications
- Experience producing annual reports, operational plans, and other corporate communications materials
- A team player and self-starter, who is motivated to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills
- Understanding of content management systems (SharePoint, Sitecore), social media websites, web analytics
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.) and Canva
- MS Office skills including PowerPoint, spreadsheet development & management, and database management
- Photography and video production experience an asset
- Financial services industry experience or Canadian Securities Course completion considered an asset
What we offer:
- Extensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan, medical and dental coverage, Wellness and Health Spending Account benefits, and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Hybrid work model (blend of in-office and remote work)
- Central downtown office, across from two SkyTrain stations and near major bus routes
- Work life balance
- Professional development opportunities.
The annual salary range for this position is between $57,396 - $71,747 depending on experience. The position may require some travel, and work outside of BCSC’s operating hours.
Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by June 30, 2022. Competition #22-132
The Commission has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.