Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond BC
Deadline date: June 16, 2022
Are you a skilled communications professional looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference? Our Corporate Communications department at WorkSafeBC is growing, and we are looking for a communications officer to join our dynamic, dedicated team!
As a communications officer, you will identify and support communications objectives for internal and external audiences. You will perform stakeholder analyses and develop strategies to increase awareness of WorkSafeBC's services, goals, and initiatives. You will write communication plans and develop supporting materials for print and online channels, ensuring consistency of style and accuracy of content while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be based remotely, with occasional on-site visits to our Richmond office as required.
As a communications officer you will:
- Consult with internal clients to develop and execute complex communication plans that address organizational issues, mitigate potential risks and challenges, and provide clear, consistent, timely, and useful information to WorkSafeBC's stakeholders
- Conceive and implement communication strategies to foster a greater understanding of WorkSafeBC's services, business objectives, and initiatives
- Provide recommendations on content, key messages, style, and format of communications to the department and to clients
- Write and edit as required across digital and print platforms
- Apply plain-language best practices to all communications and recommend new ways of interpreting complex information for a broad range of audiences
- Manage, plan, co-ordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks on deadline
- Provide functional guidance to editors, web publishers, designers, and photo/video editors when developing and implementing communication initiatives
- Manage the production of print and digital materials from conception through distribution
We're looking for someone who can:
- Communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences both online and in person
- Coach and influence others in developing effective communication skills
- Build strong relationships with people across and outside the organization
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams on complex and challenging projects
- Adapt quickly to emerging circumstances or needs and be flexible in the face of change
- Use the principles and best practices of business communications, including developing and implementing communication plans and strategies
Your experience and educational background:
- A bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related discipline
- A minimum of six years of experience working in communications, public affairs, media relations, or writing and/or editing in a government, editorial, or publishing (consumer, academic, corporate, or technical) environment
- We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
As part of our mandate, we have introduced an interim mandatory employee policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and the public.
Effective November 1, 2021, WorkSafeBC will require all employees who interact in person with employers, workers, members of the public, or other WorkSafeBC staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you'll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we'll confirm your offer of employment.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/62910849ff7860818f8e2737/5ee8cdf24530fa089f2b7e90/en