The Senior Specialist, Social Media develops and executes BCLC’s corporate social-media strategy, to help build understanding of BCLC and support a positive reputation. Working closely with the External Communications team, this collaborative role is focused on developing engaging stories and content, while also nurturing BCLC’s corporate social-media channels to share stories, increase engagement, provide superior customer service, optimize results and provide meaningful insights and social updates and or recommendations to the organization.
• Develops and executes BCLC’s corporate social-media strategy to build and protect BCLC’s brand and reputation, through maximizing BCLC’s social-media presence across a variety of social media platforms.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including the External Communications, Marketing, People and Culture, and Social Purpose & Stakeholder Engagement teams to develop, implement and manage all key components of BCLC’s social media strategy, and to ensure alignment of messaging across all channels.
• Recommends and develops engaging content and storytelling to maximize awareness of BCLC and key initiatives for social media.
• Helps build and align BCLC’s corporate brand content to support consistent brand voice, tone and messaging by working closely with the Content Marketing and External Communications teams.
• Responsible for community growth and engagement, budgeting, content planning, content development, scheduling, posting, monitoring, and listening. Identifies opportunities to improve social media activity.
• Monitors and develops responses and strategies to address social-media questions and issues, and provides support to the Social Media team overall on corporate messaging as applicable to the organization’s social channels overall.
• Uses strategic advice and direction from key internal stakeholders in order to ensure alignment with the corporation’s approach to specific issues, and leverages this relationship to ensure the Enterprise Social Media team has a shared understanding of media, public and government relations matters.
• Navigates complex situations to put forward recommendations and plans that support BCLC’s goals and objectives and align with stakeholder expectations.
• Provides input on annual operating budgets for BCLC’s corporate social-media activity, identifying appropriate investment for content creation and for content amplification.
• Develops and maintains performance reporting and metrics on both an aggregate and on an initiative basis in order to demonstrate proof of performance and the value of BCLC’s social media. Proactively and regularly, communicates results to key stakeholders. Actively tests and analyzes social media initiatives to maximize performance, community engagement and ensure the success of social media activity.
• Supports Executives on best practices, content (including thought leadership) and account management to further enhance BCLC’s reputation within professional networks and industries.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A university degree in a related discipline such as communications, journalism or marketing;
• 4-6 years related experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proven comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of strategic communications and/or public relations;
• Demonstrated expertise in social media, ideally in a corporate environment;
• Creativity and storytelling ability;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of different teams to identify and deliver on common objectives;
• Sound judgement, the ability to navigate challenging situations, and expertise in providing solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
• Proactive, responsive, and solutions-oriented, able to handle a wide variety of sensitive and complex situations, while supporting others;
• Proven leadership, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Knowledge or understanding of social media and web analytics tools (i.e. Social Studio, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and Synthesio); is a strong asset
• Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite software or similar tools is an asset
• Understanding of government, Crown corporation environments, and the B.C. and Canadian gaming industry is an asset.