Based in the progressive Guildford area of Surrey, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) serves over 4,100 real estate professionals who live and work in the BC communities of North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, and Mission. We are a long standing, fiscally sound organization that is celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2021.
We are currently looking to augment our Communications team and are seeking an exceptionally motivated Communications Coordinator – Social & Digital Community to join our dynamic team. Reporting to and working closely with the Communications Manager, you will effectively deliver the FVREB social and digital communications strategy for external and internal audiences, including social media channels. You’re a self-starter with great planning and coordinating skills and you take pride in your attention to detail from initial planning to final delivery. At ease working in a team-based culture, you understand that flexibility and a “can-do” attitude are key to delivering on objectives and initiatives.
Upon the return of the current Communications Specialist from maternity leave, the role may transition into a related full-time role within the communications team at the FVREB. The new position will involve writing, creating and executing on communications plans, data & analytics review and management, as well as traditional community relations, including corporate social responsibility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop content, graphics, infographics, video, and audio content to amplify key messages and to support FVREB’s strategic initiatives, priorities, and communications objectives.
- Moderate and reply to comments and posts in a timely manner to ensure engagement remains consistent with FVREB brand standards and professional expectations as well as monitor social media analytics and prepare reports.
- Review, analyze and process month-end statistics and data to help frame the narrative on month-over-month sales and performance of housing market in the Fraser Valley.
- Regularly update members through digital channels, and ensure REALTOR Link®, and other websites are current, and that content is focussed on key issues, tools, and services to ensure a high level of member engagement and support.
- Monitor and update mailing and other access lists for accuracy and endorse user connections to social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.), ensuring the integrity of sponsored channels.
- Together with other Comms team members, ensure smooth flow of day-to-day department activities including member message distribution, and online updates, amongst others.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- A competitive annual salary – contingent on demonstrated exposure and experience;
- Full benefits package, group insurance, paid vacation, and extensive paid holiday time;
- Flex days and work-from-home options;
- Great office space with modernization plans in the works;
- Free Parking!
- The ability to develop with an organization that promises growth and self-actualization and MORE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Degree in communications or related discipline, with strong emphasis on social media and member community engagement;
- At least 3 years' corporate communications experience, preferably within a member-based professional industry;
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) & related tools (Hootsuite etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working with social media, especially on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and RSS.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Photoshop; Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) skills; and Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress and Intranet platforms;
- Effective communication skills, both in-person and written.
Please apply by submitting your CV (in pdf format only), letter of application, and salary expectations.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role but wish to let you know that we will only be contacting applicants that are aligned with our requirements.