Communications Consultant (3-5 years experience)
Role: Social Media Strategist
Full Time Position
Package includes bonus and full health/dental/life insurance coverage
Earnscliffe Strategy Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Communications Consultant in a Social Media Strategist role who holds a unique balance of project management experience, writing and interpersonal skills together with strong business acumen and a proven track record working in strategic communications. Located in Toronto, you are looking for your next career opportunity where you can continue to grow and build on your experience.
Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our Principals, Earnscliffe Strategy Group operates from offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec.
Our team includes Communication Experts, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Policymakers, Award-winning Journalists and Public Opinion Analysts. We are a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: Strategic Communications, Government Relations, Public Policy Analysis & Opinion, and Market Research.
Our Communications Consultants play a vital role in supporting our Principals in the delivery of our service to clients. You will be an integral part of our Toronto and National communications teams, helping Earnscliffe deliver campaigns that activate public support and bring about positive change for our clients. Their duties vary considerably. On joining the team, you will report to our National Strategic Communications Lead with responsibilities including but not exclusive to the following:
- Support the development of technical and communications content for digital and social media communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Contribute to the design, strategy and execution of multi-platform communications campaigns.
- Manage competing priorities of multiple projects with varying complexities while meeting firm deadlines.
- Research, media and social media and marketplace monitoring and preparing briefing and summary materials.
- Assist in proposal and report preparation, including proofreading and formatting.
- Support Principals and project teams with clients to determine and deliver on project objectives.
- Participate in the development and delivery of communication plans that consider scope, content, tone, measurable objectives, target audiences and key messages.
- Project manage and assist with a diverse mix of strategic communications and public relations projects/programs as required.
- Adjust and amplify content appropriately across multiple channels.
- Ensure communications meet audience needs and are developed on time and on budget.
- Collaborate to achieve consistency, alignment and continuous improvement in processes, work quality and effectiveness.
- Act as liaison between project teams and on internal projects.
- General administrative and logistical support and planning, including customer relations management responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills
This role requires a combination of skills and knowledge. These include the following:
- Expertise with the design and creative development process for digital campaigns, social media channels, email, online, and print communications.
- Ability to put forward creative, workable, solutions to complex communications challenges.
- A degree or diploma, or equivalent experience, related to strategic communications, journalism or marketing with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to distill complex or detailed information into concise messages that resonate with the audience and inspire action.
- Proficiency with working in Mac/Apple products and with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel (and G-Suite materials); Microsoft Teams; social media platforms; web-based and in-person engagement, administration and monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to transparent, ethical communications materials implemented with integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Experience in the pursuit of new business is an asset.
Teamwork Skills and Characteristics
Teamwork is paramount at Earnscliffe. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, multi-disciplined environment
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by a project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results with others.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Fast-paced workplace environment.
- You must be able to interact professionally with all team members throughout our organisation while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this opportunity, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.